Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Corn! The Tasty Treat;
or Ephraim's Food Preferences



Eating dinner with Ephraim is always an adventure. Whenever possible I ask him what he'd like for dinner and make that. He's a more picky eater than either Jacquelyn or I, so allowing him to say what he wants helps. It has resulted in some funny occurrences though. Like how he would always yell that he wanted tacos for dinner when driving home with Jacquelyn past Taco Bell or when asked at Taco Bell what he wanted, answering “Power Wagon,” which he eats at Moe's (Just so you know, we eat out infrequently, and despite the impression the above examples might give, we don't eat Tex-Mex that often.)
Something that he almost never asks for is corn, which is odd, since its just about his favorite thing to eat in the world. I'll make chicken, mashed potatoes, and macaroni, and he'll eat most of what's on his plate. Throw some corn on the plate and all bets are off. He'll eat other foods on his plate only after all of his, and oftentimes, all of my corn is gone. Not sweet corn mind you, just regular old corn, from the can or off the cob. He'd eat almost an entire can if you let him. I know because I once let him. He shovels corn into his mouth so quickly he doesn't even have time to chew it up well. It doesn't stay in him long enough to digest either. I know because. . .

No comments: